Continuing on with the list of what Switzerland has taught me...
8. Living alone makes me even later than usual, especially in the mornings.
9. I’m an observer. I’ve known this for a long time, but being in a new situation, especially this one, really highlights it. I listen, I process, I think, and I formulate an opinion before I share anything. People usually think I am shy and quiet because of this. It comes as a big surprise when they later learn the truth.
10. Living far away is not easy, especially with nieces and nephews.
Missing milestones, both big and small, is really hard.
Happy 5th birthday to my nephew Lucas!
11. I’m so lucky to have the family that I do.
12. A friend who will dance down the sidewalk with you is a true friend indeed.
13. When you’re angry, always take a deep breath before saying anything.
It will usually keep you from saying something stupid.
14. The right song can turn your day around.
Kelly is an American teacher living in Switzerland and enjoying everything the country has to offer.