15. Life is so much more fun when you’re willing to look like a bit of an idiot.
16. People are incredibly adaptable. When you look back it’s hard to believe what has become normal that used to be new.
Like hearing various languages and accents throughout the day.
Or going to work via train.
Or frequent Skype calls.
17. Some things are much harder to get used to.
Like missing birthdays.
Or not being able to read my mail.
18. Europe is a really awesome place to live. Italy is still my favorite.
19. The reality of international schools that that they are really transient. Sometimes you only get to know someone for a year before they head off to somewhere else.
This is hard.
20. If you don’t ask, you won’t find out.
Kelly is an American teacher living in Switzerland and enjoying everything the country has to offer.